Monday, February 11, 2008

Graphic Design...

So they have us taking Graphic Design for Illustrators (or intro to graphic design, I honestly don't remember which it's called) right now. The first real assignment we had was to make a corporate identity for ourselves... business card, letterhead, envelope. This is what I came up with. Hand written font might not have been the best for legibility but I felt like it was suitable and haven't had any complaints.


Business Card


Envelope


Letterhead

I'm particularly fond of the envelope... something about that just makes me smile.

Oh, and on another note, something from wayyyy at the beginning of the year I forgot to post (way back in August or September or something). Pen & Ink Cuttlefish.



I spent an awful lot of time on this one. Looking back at it I sort of wish I had made it a little more about the pose but at the time it was really an exercise in pure rendering... pretty much just wrist down artwork to prove to myself that I could and as far as that goes I feel like it came out pretty good.

That's all for now, should be more fairly soon.

No comments: